- Home & Garden
- 01 Aug 2023
Top 6 Lighting Rules That Will Make Your Room Atmosphere
Why does the Lighting of your Space Matter?
Top 6 Lighting Rules That Will Make Your Room Atmosphere Why does the Lighting of your space matter? When we were to talk about the House and your “space or place” the first thing that comes to our mind is the atmosphere and the ambience of it. The vibe of it reflects one’s personality and taste which we want to be very fascinating yet relevant and the Lighting entirely holds the baggage of it, in other words, it puts it all together and makes it vibrantly beautiful. A well-lit home will let your guests enjoy even more and also gives a hint of relaxation when you’re all tired from work and just want to be chill in your cozy space. We often underestimate this part of our interior design.... we don’t pay proper attention to it which is important for our emotional and mental balance.
The indoor lighting just doesn’t tie down for its pleasure to the eye aspect but it plays a huge role with minds and moods as well, which is very prominent for us. For example the bright lighting at Christmas sure makes our mood better with its vibrant holiday season energy and makes us feel way more cheerful than the other days. Where on the other hand the dim lip is relaxed and mellow in mood which is perfect when you’re writing poems or creating any type of art, a chandelier gives royal- elegance to your place that sure entertains your guests and you as well.
There are 6 ways you can upgrade your interior with lighting by just paying attention to lighting things that you might have missed before
4 Options to Elevate the Lighting Structure
It can seem a little bit challenging to come up with better and more innovative ideas for improving the lighting of any room because the lighting should complement your existing interior of it.
A proper light brings out the color of your room and gives a better definition to tie up the whole room together.
- Nothing can compare a chandelier to give any room of your house a little drama and sophistication to it, it won’t be wrong to say that chandelier gives off glamour and elegant touch to a room. It’s available in many places with different shapes, sizes, and tones and it’s suitable for higher ceilings because its beauty is in yet some might like it at a very low height I.e. near the dining table. The tone of its light should be decided according to your room’s aesthetic, if it’s dark and woody the white tone would give it a nice airy look, and if the room is colorful the tone should be yellow.. it depends on the color theme and size of the, though the chandelier is designed for grand Chambers can enhance the quality of smaller one too.
- The pendant light is one of the greatest options for giving urban touch and a modern yet international aura to it. They’re very versatile with their shapes and sizes, easily providing the best European aesthetic to your space whether it’s your living room or kitchen counter celling they won’t disappoint you at all. But you have to make sure the measurements of the lights don’t overpower the space of your room, they minimize the need for room accessories and fulfill the requirements of the room and provide a well-lit space because of their light-reflecting ability through the ceiling towards the whole space around it.
- If you want to make your house with minimal accessories and without drama, the under cabinet lights are just the right choice, they have the potential of precisely reflecting the light towards the pointed area. It is excellent for your kitchen cabinets, dressing table, and bathroom. They usually get set under the cabinets area and spotlights are excellent to add under the shelves, that’s supposed to be the darkest area around the house.
- Wall scones which is really popular for hallways and staircases not just lighting it well but also as a decorative aspect. Even though the reach of its lighting is very limited yet adding many of them will give off a royal ambiance to it.
They add a chic and compact touch to your room and they’re flexible for indoors and outdoors. It goes very well near the tables and any seating spots of your home, the color of the lights should be similar to the wall, then only it will stand out nicely.
Natural Light to the Room and Curtains
The lighting of the room shouldn’t always bind to the LEDs or the bulbs because a home space also requires natural light and air to compel the space with more power. The windows are the passage of it and they embellish with drapes or curtains and have the potential to coerce the room to look well put and familiar. The curtain and window treatments are one of the ways which is segregated into three parts that’s Hard Windows treatments: have wood or vinyl ( shades and blinds or shutter). Soft window treatment: Made of soft and cozy materials such as ( curtains, sheer, valances, and Roman shades ) and the amalgamation of both called a Layered window treatment that contains shades and curtains to an attractive range that either clinch or aids the appeal of the room.
The Significant Role of “Curtain’s Size”
The right curtain length is eminent when it comes to home decor and it must be decided accordingly to the area of your desired space. There are three most well-known categories of curtains that people have been using as an ingenious idea, they’re called the Float, The Kiss, and last but not least The Puddle.
- Float:- The float is a style court current which is fundamentally kept up off the floor by an inch of length, they’re hung unescorted by any breaks they can be hung undeviating. They are the indication of a smooth and elegant curtain style with fine-shine drapes. The suitable material for this type of curtain is “Lyocell” which is the botanic origin which makes it an indestructible and durable weave.
- Kiss:- This style barely touches the floor and is strenuous to perform since demands the accuracy of measurement of the rod, though it is very popular and comatose seems to seem unintentional and elegant at the same time. It can be the hardest one to pull but trust me the efforts be counted.
- Puddle:- This is the most effortless yet royal archetype of curtain style which you guys may have witnessed in most of the period movies, the grand Chambers consists the long and seemingly expensive fabric with layers, and a huge Puddle of it will be left of the ground and some prefer to tie the ¼ part of it. For this people like to use high-quality fabric like silk, linen, and velvet it should be thick and grand so it’s easy to work with. The measurements are there but you don’t have to be very precise about it.
Just like that, we can make our space more appealing we know it might seem a bit challenging because of all the measurements and accuracy with rods, length of the curtain d floor-to-drapes distance it can be nerve-racking but trust me when all set and done after all of that much efforts, its all worth it. But if it’s really hard then there are lots of curtains length advice that can provide you with more elaborated ideas, here are some of them
- The first thing while working with curtains is that always use metal measuring tape as they’re more convenient and accurate.
- The fabric of the curtains should be breathable and not too thick that it’s unable to pass on fresh air and light to the room.
- The design and style of the curtains rely on the ambiance of the room. If it's a working space in your house the smile and minimal curtains will work perfectly and it is the bedroom or kitchen then a little color will add a fun element to your place.
- The length of the curtains should be appropriate or a little bit longer than the windows so it covers the desired area and the left one will give off the right length even when the days are windy than usual.
The “Right” Curtains
It’s a bit ironic to say that there is one appropriate curtains because by the time along with other home decor, it has been wavered excessively. The room’s vicinity is what matters when it comes to choosing the design of the curtains and it's not as easy as it seems but there are many tips and tricks to tackle this issue with ease. So basically all you need to look for is the three basic rules which are the color theme of your room, the length of the window and what is room is going to be used for, now if the color theme is all beige and nude colors then curtains should be more neutral and almost pastel color with minimal or no design at all. If you’re going to have a clinic in the house or any other working space then the above-mentioned curtains will go with that so well. If it's the kid's room then little animation or any cartoon characters printed latest curtains design will help with that and also children will be happy too so it’s a win-win situation there. The bedroom is always a cozy and quiet place where too much color won’t really be appreciated if you’re in the minimal decor, so the light weighted and pastel-colored curtains will work perfectly for you, whereas the dining area can have Layered curtains of two different shades which overlap one another. The overlap ling one can be bright or of a warning color and the underlying one should be light weighted with neutral shade so it complements each other and create a symphony of hues and will give you a window with simple curtains design yet pleasant and unique.
About Layered Lighting Style
Layered lighting is one of the basic styles for lighting up the indoors and the most popular technique which is based on the bass, layer, and accent to create texture and dimensions of your space. One layer should complement the other, only then it will be appealing. It helps to make your room aesthetically functional and pleasing room.
The living room is where its more appreciated and visible as you host any part of get together, that place is always buzzing and it has to stand out nicely. The base or the ambient lighting is the one that is very essential for the living room and it should be very neutral as it lights the whole space. Accent lighting is small lights in unexpected areas like cabinets and bookshelves it’s there to enhance the quality of room accessories. The third one is the task lighting which are floor lamps and wall scones that just provide a dramatic feel to your living room and they’re used for studying and working most of the time.
Multiple light sources in a room – Interior design rules are set for these types of tasks. A space in the house may need more light than usual rooms because of the window situation or they are darker than the others for that a room should have 2-3 sources of light, it will provide a healthy and visible room for you and will also have a range of accessories projector too. A table lamp, accents light, and a chandelier would make a perfectly well-lit bedroom that is functional and gratifying aura as well. The color temperature according to a room – The tones of your lights play a huge role in setting up the vibe of a room, whether it’s your bedroom, living room, study room, or drawing room. The color tones signify the temperature of the space and it should be well decided, even though the whole space should be warm and cozy but remember it set the atmosphere around you and you don’t want to sleep during your working hours and procrastinate that, so for marking it work the tones has to be warm in the living room and bedroom but neutral in the study room and dining area as well but some people might want to keep the dining area with a warm tone, so it differs according to the color theme of it.
Color scheme – Most important rule while you’re giving a new touch to your house is color theme and schemes, as the lighting and colors should complement each other. The kitchen and living rooms are mostly very flexible with colors so the neutral lighting will fit nicely and the bedrooms and bathrooms are more neutral colored so the warm lighting will never disappoint you. Your themes of lighting must provide the same aura as the colors of the walls.
More Effective Ways to Light the Room
1. As we already discussed the idea of adding more lighting to a room, so one overhead light isn’t enough when it comes to brightening up the space and dispensing a blazing hint to your space.
2. If the room is average in size then the three diverse backgrounds of lights would gel and combine well with complimenting furniture.
3. For example... For a bedroom, a table lamp for the side table of the bed, a scone for the wall, and a floor lamp for a sofa space you have in your room for relaxing time will make a perfect balance of illumination.
The best lighting for any room should be temperature-controlled and have a perfect pitch of light. It is supposed to have the quality of putting the room all together with elements of sufficiency and modernity. If we’re to plan to provide better lighting to your bedrooms then layered lighting would be the best way to enhance it. The dining area and kitchen should be arranged with pendant lights and wall lights, to finish it off with a tip of illumination focused on the desired area.
The whole concept of lighting was used to depend on safety and visual performance but now along with that it is more indulged in showcasing the creativity and ambience of the home. The lighting is as vital as they were used to be but nowadays people are focused to make it fun and elegant for leveling up the interior and exterior of the house. It elevates a gloomy space to vibrant and illuminated and the way is society adapting the passion of lights in their space the more innovations are on the way to fulfill the expectations of them, as it is important to upgrade the idea of lighting and give it your touch too but with the thought in your mind to “save energy” and do not waste the electricity at the same time.