- Home & Garden
- 01 Aug 2023
How to Deals With a Colic Baby
Are you looking for some tips which will help you to deal with your colic baby? If your answer is yes. This post is for you. I am going to share my own experience in this blog post. A 5-month-old baby is born to me. I haven't slept well since giving birth to my baby. Well, I am not an exception as a mom. Every mother has to sacrifice and adjust things for her little one.
That’s why I thought why not share my own experience of what I did to cure my colic baby and how effective it was. It would be a nice experience if my tips will help you.
Remember to burp your infant after each feeding: Burping your baby after each feed is an important part of baby nourishment. It helps to get rid of some air which the baby tends to swallow during feed.
You should practice frequent burping so that you can avoid your baby being gassy or colic.
Home Remedies for Colic Baby:-
- Drink Ajwain water: If you are a breastfeeding mother, then you should drink Ajwain water. It will help you to reduce gastric reflux in your body. It will also prevent gastric problems in your baby.
- Method to prepare Ajwain water: Take two tablespoons of Ajwain and place it in a boiling pan. Mix 4 cups of water. Boil this water for 5-10 minutes. After boiling, stain the residue & liquor via a stainer. Through the residue and keep that liquor for use.
Drink this liquor sip by sip every 2 hour.
- Use hot water therapy: After doing massage of your baby you should give hot water therapy.
How to do:
- Keep the hot water in a bowl and place a cotton cloth inside the bowl. Now squeeze the cloth and place it over the tummy of your baby. (Must check the heat is tolerable for the baby by placing it on your skin).
- You can use boiled ajwain water for this therapy. It would be more effective for your baby.
- You can use dry heat therapy as well.
- Apply hing over baby’s stomach: You need to apply hing over baby’s stomach (Near the belly button).
- Method of preparation: Took a pinch of hing or a few pieces of hing. Mix it in water and prepare a smooth paste. Now apply this paste near the baby’s belly button.
How to Calm Your Colic Baby?
When your baby is crying a lot, there are few tips which will help you to keep your baby calm.
Give a gentle massage on the back of your baby: Lay down your baby on your lap and gently massage your baby back. You can use oil also for the massage. Walk and rock your baby in your lap: Movement can help your baby to calm, so that when your baby is crying a lot. You should walk while carrying your baby in your lap. You can rock your baby as well so that the baby can divert their mind and keep calm.
Sound can help your to keep your baby calm: You can play some soft music or sing a song for your baby. Babies give responses to music.
Swaddle your baby in a blanket: Take a baby blanket and swaddle your baby in the blanket. It will make them feel secure. It will help to calm the sense of your baby. You can also try to dark your room and let your baby relax.
Although you are trying these methods to treat your baby and keep him/her calm. Yet, it is advised to call a pediatrician for help.
Do not hesitate to visit a doctor and start medications which the pediatrician has prescribed to your baby.
Things Which You Must Keep in Mind is That.
- Do not compare your baby with others, every baby is different.
- As you are the mother of your baby it is advised to take some rest. It will help you to manage your baby well.
- Do not shout or shake your baby in frustration, it can hurt them.
- It will take just 3-4 months to recover your baby from colic, so just have patience.
Hope you find this blog helpful for you and your baby. These were the tips which would help you to get relief of gassy and colic baby. I will share my next blog post as soon as possible.