- Home & Garden
- 01 Aug 2023
Why Is Health Important To Your Life
Do you also spend hours and hours every day wondering how to start your journey toward a healthy body? We can understand because we have been there too. This article will help you understand why health is important to your life, and give you the most effective ways of being healthy, without sounding complicated or tedious.
If in case you’re still looking for some motivation to start this journey, let’s look at some basic yet most important facts that being healthy provides:
- When your body is healthy, you won’t feel stressed all the time.
- It not only adds numbers to your age but also gives you the strength to live your life to the fullest.
- No large amount healthcare bills in the future.
- Keeps your mental health and physical health balanced.
- Gives you a sense of comfort and a positive body image.
So, are you ready to begin? Because we have the best tips for you!
What to Believe, and What Not to?
Are you also confused after reading various websites and listening to hundreds of podcasts on health? Should you eat low-carb or low-fat? Is gym necessary or does walking 10,000 steps daily enough? Is breakfast supposed to be very heavy and dinner very light? Don’t worry, let’s know the answers to all.
1. EATING HEALTHY
The way science measures what food is healthy is by seeing how long a person lives while consuming it. Interviewing and investigating people who have lived longer than usual helps the researchers get an idea of what food is healthy and what is not. The diet studies that you may come across are usually short-term and focus on specific foods, so instead of focusing on what food will help you lose weight or what food will help you cure a particular disease, why not focus on foods that will keep you healthy even 50 years from now?
What to Eat More
- Whole grains (barley, brown rice, oats)
- Fruits (berries, apples, oranges, watermelon)
- Vegetables (spinach, broccoli, green beans, onions)
- Seafood (Tuna, Salmon, Oysters)
What to Avoid
- Sugary drinks (Iced Tea, Coke, Fanta)
- Fatty foods (Chocolates, Butter, Cookies)
- Processed meat (Ham, sausages, pepperoni)
If you are reading this article while lying down on your couch and binge-eating snacks, this is your cue to stand up and change your lifestyle for good. Our bodies are meant to be moved and not just relax. Let’s see the Importance of health in points, with respect to the benefits that exercise can bring to your life:
- Low blood pressure, lower cholesterol levels, and a stronger heart.
- Better metabolism and weight management and reduces abdominal fat.
- Stronger muscles.
- Improves your mood, works as a stress-buster and helps in peaceful sleep and overall mental health functioning including anxiety.
If you’re confused about where to start, we’ll give you an idea. If you are new to cardio/exercise, we would recommend you start by going out for a walk daily and set a goal for a number of steps you would like to achieve in a day. Once you have started walking for a while, you can start with weight training as well. For this, you can join a fitness studio and start the training with a professional over there.
You must be wondering why sleep is here. Have you ever found yourself very tired and in a bad mood even after getting enough hours of sleep? That is probably because you had a bad sleep. If you are not getting enough sleep or quality sleep, it can result in the start of various diseases.
Let’s look at some health benefits of good sleep:
- Better concentration
- Stronger immune system
- Improves cardiovascular activity
- Improves mental health
- Helps with stress
Now let’s have a look at some potential risks after a bad sleep:
- Poor quality of life
- Daytime lethargy
- Risk of car accidents
Now we’ll tell you the three basic things that comprise good sleep:
- The hours of sleep you get.
- The quality of sleep, that is, are you refreshed after waking up, or do feel lethargic even after getting 8 hours of sleep?
- What time do you get to bed, that is, do you sleep roughly at the same time every night or is it changed every day?
We hope this article has helped you realize the Importance of Good Health in Our Life. So, what are you waiting for? Start your journey to becoming healthy today!
“A healthy outside starts from the inside.”
- Robert Urich